Monday, November 10, 2008

Something I thought of in French Class

So, I was sitting in French class, and my teacher had forgotten to tell us the homework, but had put it up on her site. She did not expect us to check the site every day, so she just gave us another day to complete it. That got me thinking about a way to, in a low power, cost efficient way to get something from a website, like an RSS feed to a large, non-illuminated screen for a classroom. What I cam up with was something that is like a rolling screen belt. The screen would be composed of many pixels on a belt that could be changed in color by a jolt of electricity*. The belt would have a device to change the color of the pixel on one end that would get input from a computer.

This solution would be both low energy cost and pleasing to the eye. I'll put picture of the plans up later.

No comments: